High fuel capacity & rear-mounted batteries
With the launch of the new R-series the maximum fuel capacity is boosted to 1,500 litres on 4x2 tractor units. The possibility of specifying rear-mounted batteries enables you to free valuble frame space. Depending on axle distance and specification Scania offers a wide range of possiblities in regard to both fuel capacity and storage space. The largest tanks have integrated steps to the catwalk. The rear-mounted batteries also put more weight on the rear axle and this will increase traction when running empty.
4x2 tractor units – up to 1,500 litres of fuel
A combination of fuel tanks holding up to 1,500 litres can now be specified on 4x2 tractor units, irrespective of emission technology (EGR or SCR). The left-hand side of the chassis has space for a 1,000-litre tank.
• EGR and 3.55 or 3.7 m wheelbase, max. fuel capacity 1,500 litres
• SCR and 3.55 or 3.7 m wheelbase, max. fuel capacity 1,500 litres
In addition, depending on model, up to 600 mm of free space on the right-hand side can be used for storage, hydraulics or other equipment.
6x2 tractor units – up to 1,000 litres of fuel
For 6x2 tractor units, rear-mounted batteries together with the new range of larger fuel tanks boost fuel capacity by up to 50 percent, depending on configuration and emission technology.
• EGR, 2.9 m wheelbase, trailing tag axle, max. fuel capacity 1,000 litres
• SCR, 2.9 m wheelbase, trailing tag axle, max. fuel capacity 810 litres
• EGR, 3.1 m wheelbase, trailing tag axle, max. fuel capacity 1,210 litres
• SCR, 3.1 m wheelbase, trailing tag axle, max. fuel capacity 1,030 litres
• EGR and 4.0 or 4.05 m wheelbase, pusher axle, max. fuel capacity 860 litres
• SCR and 4.0 or 4.05 m wheelbase, pusher axle, max. fuel capacity 540 litres